SLIDER

glimmer, glimmer

January always brings reflection of the last year and optimism and goals for the year ahead.  This year I haven't felt like setting goals was appropriate.  Not that I don't have them, because I do.  I have lots of goals.  But 2014 taught me that nothing ever goes according to plan.  I didn't want to have a to do list of things to get done and lose focus on what matters most. 

So, this year I wanted to try something new.  I had heard of Ali Edwards' One Little Word before, and the more I thought about it, the more fitting it was for me for 2015.  I love the idea of having an underlying theme to my year... Something simple to focus on and to get back on track really quickly if I lose sight of where I want to be by the end of the year. 

Lots of words sounded good and meant a lot, but the one that kept coming back was glow. 
For me, the word glow encompasses everything I want to focus on this year personally, professionally, emotionally and spiritually. 
Here is what I found on dictionary.com on the word glow:
noun
1. a light emitted by or as if by a substance heated to luminosity; incandescence.
2. brightness of color.
3. a sensation or state of bodily heat.
4. a warm, ruddy color of the cheeks.
5. warmth of emotion or passion; ardor.


verb (used without object)
6. to emit bright light and heat without flame; become incandescent.
7. to shine like something intensely heated.
8. to exhibit a strong, bright color; be lustrously red or brilliant.
9. (of the cheeks) to exhibit a healthy, warm, ruddy color.
10. to become or feel very warm or hot.
11. to show emotion or elation: to glow with pride.


I'm excited to try the #OLW thing.  Perhaps I'll do this every year!  If you're doing One Little Word this year, what is the word you chose?

No comments

Post a Comment

© ERIN NIELSON • Theme by Maira G.